Saturday, June 7, 2008

Don't Stop To You Get Enough

Yesterday's post about bronzers made me eager to get my greedy little paws on a few more bronzing products, so I dropped into to Sephora and here's what I got: LORAC Bronzer in Glow, Laura Mercier's Bronzing Duo in Pink Bronze, NARS The Multiple in Palm Beach and the Sephora Bronzing Trio. I was so impressed with the LORAC bronzer especially.

It is in the same color family as MAC's Refined Deeper Bronze, except it has a better texture and different finish. It compliments darker skintones so well and it looks so sexy on! That is really the only way I can describe it. Ladies, go get it, NOW!

Even though I don't really own anything from Laura Mercier, I always hear good things about the products.


The Bronzing Duo is half bronzer, half blush. The bronzer is deeper and browner that the LORAC one, not as sexy but definetly very wearable and both the bronzer and blush can be worn together, on the cheeks, or all over really.

The Sephora Trio is very simple, relatively cheap and nice. It gives a bronze highlight and the texture is smooth, not gritty. You could also use this a eye shadow.


And finally there is the Palm Beach. I was most disappointed in this product. It's gorgeous, and the texture is DIVINE, but it is so sheer and subtle. I wouldn't say it bronzes so much as it gives a subtle luminescent glow. It reminded me of a darker version of the Prescriptives Illuminating Cream Potion minus the light reflecting properties.. It's nice, but for my skintone, it doesn't do much. And it's not that I don't like subtle. The MAC FX bronzers are subtle (I rediscovered my love for Deeper Bronze today, no wonder I got a backup!), but this was $37 and I just don't know that I need it. And for $37 I better NEED it. It may be (probably is) going right back to Sephora on Thursday when I hit up the mall for Cool Heat.

I may also return my Iman bronzer. It is nice in it's own way, and it was cheap, but again, I just don't know that I need it. But it does serve a purpose, I like having options and it was only $12. I suppose it's a keeper.

I tried the Make Up Forever bronzer mentioned in my previous post. It looked like brown chalk. The Sephora Safari Bronzer was also a no-go. And Guerlain #4 wasn't at the actual Sephora store (only #1 and #2 were available) and it is sold out online. It's expensive anyway, and I am not going to buy something I can't see, especially something of this nature. There's a part of me that still want the Armani bronzer but I definitely will NOT be getting the Px Cooling Bronzing Powder. It would get not use at all.

Well that's it for now!

9 comments:

Amina said...

more bronzers to try! I definitely want to try Lorac! Sephora's trio is really precious! LOVE IT!!

B said...

LOL, Jess you are killin' meeeee.

Twinkle Twinkle said...

I know, I know, I have a serious problem. At least I am returning the NARS Multiple - that is progress right?

Unknown said...

You should do some tutorials on these bronzers on youtube. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

You should do some tutorials on these bronzers on youtube. Thanks for sharing.

SuzieC said...

More stuff to add on my list of things to get... I really like the Lorac and Sephora Bronzers.

Twinkle Twinkle said...

@ rmcandlelight - I have another post that's kind of a bronzer "how-to" and I'd like to do some youtube videos, but I don't know how...sadness.

@suziec - Isn't the Lorac great! I so wasn't expecting to find something that nice and that "Cocoa Sister Friendly" at Sephora. That is my new phrase by the way CSF.

Digital Angel said...

Hey there, you are much far away from me..I mean, Nashville =) I always wanted to try Sephora's eyeshadow and stuff but was not sure if it's good quality. I wish there was Sephora around me.

Twinkle Twinkle said...

@ n a b i - I think Sephora products are sometimes hit or miss. I like their Jumbo eye Pencils a lot - I use them as a base for my eye shadows. I also have a lot of lipsticks and brushes from them, but only because they went on sale. But I do like them, the brushes more than the lipsticks.